How to Prevent Your Facebook Page from Being Hacked.
Your Facebook page is a valuable asset for your business. It can be used to connect with customers, promote your products or services, and build brand awareness. But if your page is hacked, all of that could be lost. Recently facebook is super vulnerable to hacks even with 2FA(s) setup, so what happens if you do not have it at all?
Here are some simple steps you can take to prevent your Facebook page from being hacked:
- Use a strong password. Your password should be at least 8 characters long and include a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols. Don’t use the same password for your Facebook page as you use for other online accounts.
- Enable two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to enter a code from your phone in addition to your password when you log in.
- Be careful about what links you click on. Hackers often send phishing emails or messages that contain links that, when clicked, will take you to a fake website that looks like Facebook. Once you enter your login information on the fake website, the hackers can steal it.
- Keep your software up to date. Facebook is constantly releasing security updates to fix vulnerabilities. Make sure you install these updates as soon as they are available.
- Review your page permissions regularly. Make sure only the people who need access to your page have it. You can also revoke access to people who no longer need it.
If you think your Facebook page has been hacked, the first thing you should do is change your password. You should also contact Facebook and report the hack.
To get a copy of our “How to Secure Your Facebook Page Guide,” sign up for our newsletter.
Here are some additional tips to help you keep your Facebook page secure:
- Don’t share your login information with anyone.
- Log out of your Facebook account when you’re not using it.
- Be careful about what information you share on your page.
- Use a security plugin for your browser.
- Monitor your page activity for suspicious activity.
By following these tips, you can help keep your Facebook page safe from hackers.
Read more on facebook official site on how to best secure your facebook profile and page.
If your account is hacked, visit this page to get support from Meta Support Team.
Sign up for our newsletter to get a copy of our “How to Secure Your Facebook Page Guide.” or Contact us to help you manage and secure your facebook profile and page!